Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's more like a condition...

I have developed an unhealthy obsession with Steelcase desks. Now many of you may say " Steelcase desks? What makes them so special?" and you'd be right to ask. Before I answer, look at this:



OK, so this is not my desk but it is very very close to what my desk looks like. And now that I have one, I have to find one like it for Messy so that her dreams of office continuity can come true. Along with this search come an unhealthy obsession with chairs and lamps and credenzas and everything steel and aluminum from this design era. The problem is, these desks are few and far between as they are desirable and durable. I found a whole office of them the other day while on-site at a customers location and all they had to say about them is "old" and "we hate them". If only I could find a way to talk them out of them.

1 comment:

lostatplay said...

hi there,

i, too, am obsessed with tanker desks, and came upon your site while i was researching on the different models. could you tell me if the top of your grey desk is linoleum or metal? i found a desk that i might purchase but it has a woodgrain top. i'm wondering if it would be possible to replace it with a metal top.

thanks so much!

christine