Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Woo Hoo...sort of?

I love a great stomp box and the really good ones deliver more than just the sound listed on the box. They deliver freedom of expression. Well, that concept has just been taken up a notch. I have been watch the open source world for some time and even though I don't understand much of it, I understand this:





This is the Open Stomp Coyote 1 open source stomp box from Howler Audio. That's right, open source. What it means is that this stomp box can sound like anything you want it to. You create preset sound and load them onto the stomp box and then just use it like any stomp box. Custom stomp box = win!

The down side is... the controller software is only available for Windows. That leave the Mac and Unix community almost completely out. They are some of the biggest open source users. Sure, I could dual boot but I just don't want to.

No comments: